Head of Business Development
|Industry:||Logistics & Supply Chain, Logistics, 3PL, Freight Forwarding & Supply Chain|
|Expertise:||Supply Chain & Logistics|
Our Client is a is a world leader in providing cutting-edge logistics solutions for multinational companies in Thailand, Asia, and throughout the Globe. They are changing the game in Logistics and Supply Chain and offer both an excellent working environment and superb career opportunity.
They are actively growing their Operations in Thailand and are seeking a new Head of Business Development to help them on their exciting and innovative journey.
As the Head of Business Development, this position is responsible for achieving the country’s growth target by developing winning sales strategies that generate an increase in contracts, revenue and prospects. The Head of Business Development will lead a team of BD Managers to generate leads; identify opportunities and follow up with business, bids and client relationship management to ensure a strong book of business for the company. You will gain deep understanding of the businesses we manage at all levels—from tactical to strategic—within the customer base you are aligned while creating a vision that can inspire customers to transform using the Company's capabilities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative and exciting organisation with huge career growth potential
- Support the execution of the Company's Asia Pacific growth strategy by achieving the country’s growth targets
- Develop a winning sales strategy, grow and expand services to existing and new customers
- Build and lead a team of BD Managers to proactively identify new customers with projects that fit our GXO Logistics business model and Be directly responsible for developing new opportunities, managing the sales pipeline, and closing deals
- Enhance the Company brand awareness in country
- Represent the company at customer and industry events/conferences as appropriate
- To oversee the handling of, and to stay informed of all key tasks, communication and deadlines for all projects running for their key customers accounts
- Work with Operations and cross-functional groups, customers and suppliers to define project requirements to ensure that the implementation of new strategies and initiatives will effectively meet or exceed these requirements and customer expectations.
- Develop sales support material and promotional initiatives based in corporate guidelines
- Manage the project progression from identification to closure.
- Lead and manage project activities with internal stakeholders and customer’s cross functional teams within the scope of the contractual agreements.
- Drive the execution of customer-facing activities to conclusion in a quality, timely and correct manner
- Provide accurate timelines and forecasts on pipeline efforts to inform financial budgets
- Support the continuous optimization of the sales process and workflow
- Respond to RFIs, maintain company branding and library, prepare proposals, prepare customer presentations
- This position requires solid experience in the sales of contract logistics and distribution solution with at least 3 years of team management.
- Experience in logistics sales and sales management, sustaining and growing a impressive portfolio.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate cross team members and work in a collaborative fashion with the highest integrity.
- Ability to professionally represent the company and build strong and sustainable relationships with our customers across their organization at all levels.
- Expert-level analytical, organizational and communication skills, and the stamina to use them every day.
- Self-motivated with strong business acumen, contract negotiation skills and capabilities in tender management and network optimization.
- Able to craft compelling value propositions.
- Able to take initiative to drive change and influence others with sound understanding of commercial implications of solutions proposed, potential areas of risk and methods to limit liabilities Availability to travel.
- Technical Skills
- Decision Making & Problem-Solving
- People management